They were way better than I thought they'd be but I'm going to have to play around to get the consistency right. They are thick and fudgey. So thick and fudgy that they need to be eaten with a fork. No pretty brownie squares for me. Granted I made a few substitutions, regardless in the future I think I will try a recipe that uses flour, to make a more cake like brownie. I served the brownie as a little lump of chocolate, covered in strawberries and a tbl of coolwhip (1 Tbl) - and it was delicious!
- 1 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 3 eggs [used 2 1/2 bananas instead + 1/2tsp baking soda]
- 3 tablespoons oil [used 3tbl apple sauce instead]
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease 8x8 square baking dish.
- Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, vanilla, and sugar in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the mixture or mix into the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven until the top is dry and edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
I was worried about the flavor, and thought that it may need some more chocolate. I used the chocolate ganache from the almond joy cupcakes. [I think they'd be good without it, and it'd knock off 2 WW points].